Dates: 21st August – 4th September 2014
Hours: 9 – 7 during build and break, shifts over festival.
We are currently looking to recruit two enthusiastic new production office volunteers to join our team at End of the Road festival 2014!
This is an unpaid work-experience position, however you will receive full accommodation in a shared caravan throughout your stay, £100 travel expenses, full crew catering (3 hot meals per day) and an amazing summer experience with an award winning summer festival. This is a great opportunity for students or those looking to further enhance their CV with event industry experience and references.
Role includes: Assisting the office manager to provide on-hand administrative support and deal with festival production enquiries from contractors, staff, artists and guests; looking after and keeping a strict record of the use of all site-vehicles, plant and production equipment (including site tools, radios and other supplies) and running errands and tasks to support the relevant line-managers as required.
– Greeting and acknowledging contractors and staff who may report to production on arrival, throughout their stay and upon departure. Assisting the office manager to ensure all are allocated appropriate accommodation and meal vouchers, that they sign all site equipment in and out correctly, and provide or sign all relevant documentation.
– Answering general radio call enquiries, and referring them where appropriate.
– Answering festival telephone enquiries, including noise control.
– Ensuring all site-radios, tools, equipment, stock and vehicles are labelled and stored correctly.
– Ensuring all signage is correctly displayed.
– Preparing schedule folders for artist liaison and stage managers.
– Locating and printing relevant technical and artist information as required.
– Maintaining tidiness and cleanliness at all times within the office.
– Opening and locking gates, cabins and storage facilities to the site each day.
– Recording and reuniting lost property post-festival.
All applicants must have some basic relevant experience or qualifications in music events and a keenness to develop their career within the events industry.
– A full-UK driving license (some driving around the site may be required)
– Must be a confident mac and iOS user
– Must be fully literate in current Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel etc)
– A polite telephone manner.
– Good Intuition and assertiveness (applicants will often have a responsibility to undergo tasks independently and so must be proactive in approach)
– Must have some basic customer service experience or strong interpersonal skills.
– Must be fully fit and in good health. (This job demands good physical endurance during long shifts and high levels of concentration throughout)
– A Familiarity with the festival,
– Music festival production experience.
– A strong background in administration.
– Backstage, technical knowledge or event crew experience.
– Car ownership. (Some errands may require going off site for supplies)
How to apply:
Send through a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Monday 7th April 2014